1. at first (1.1) 起初 = in the beginning ←→ at last = finally = in the end
At first, they didn't know each other. At last, they became good friends.
2. at first sight (1.1) 第一眼
They fell in love at first sight.
3. laugh at (2.4) 嘲笑
bark at 吠叫 yell at = shout at 吼叫
The boys laughed at him for slipping on the banana peel.
4. (A) glance at sb / sb (3.1) 瞥一眼
(B) glance over st 匆匆讀過
(1) Maggie glanced at the tall young man and then lowered her head.
(2) I didn't have much time to read his report, so I just glanced over it.
5. at least (3.8) 至少 ←→ at most 至多
He eats at least four meals a day.
6. no … at all = not … in the least 一點也不
I don't agree with you at all. = I don't agree with you in the least.
7. at this time = now (3.12) ←→ at that time = then
I don't really want to change my mind at this time.
8. be good at N / Ving = be proficient in N / Ving (6.11) 擅長 = master N / Ving ←→ be bad at
He is good at cooking.
9. (A) at the thought of (4.9) 一想到
(B) at the sight of 一看到
(1) She sighed at the thought of her lost youth.
(2) She fainted at the sight of blood.
10. jeer at (4.10) = laugh at = make fun of 揶揄；嘲弄
Don't jeer at he mistakes or misfortunes of other people.
11. at the bottom of (5.9) 在底部 ←→ at the top of
you will find the extra information at he bottom of each page very useful.
12. at one's leisure (5.12) 閒暇時 = when one has free time
Do the work at your leisure. There's no hurry.
13. at dawn (6.7) 黎明 at noon 中午 at midnight 午夜
The rescue team started at dawn.
14. at play (6.7) 在玩耍 ←→ at work 在工作
I sat by the window and watched the children at play in the yard.
15. gaze at sb / st (6.8) 凝視
He stood by the window, gazing at his wife in the garden.