1. communicate with sb (1.1) 溝通
It is very hard to communicate with him.
2. fall in love with sb (1.1) 愛上
He fell in love with Mary.
3. discuss st with sb (1.2) 討論
4. (A) be patient with sb / st (1.2 ) 有耐心
(B) have patience with sb / st
The doctor is patient with his patients.
= The doctor has patience with his patients.
5. be filled with (1.4) = be full of 充滿
The glass is filled with milk.
6. associate A with B (1.4) 聯想
People usually associate Paris with art and romance.
7. (A) sb be familiar with st 熟悉
(B) st be familiar to sb
I am familiar with the story.
= The story is familiar to me.
8. decorate A with B (1.7) 裝飾
The room is decorated with posters.
9. go with (1.7) 搭配
The skirt goes very well with your dark hair.
10. be impressed with (1.11) 對 … 印象深刻
I'm deeply impressed with her sweet smile.
11. stick with / to sb (2.6) 堅持到底
Whatever you do, as long as you stick with/to it, you will surely succeed.
12. (A) be in competition with … for … 競爭
(B) compete with … for …
We are in competition with other schools for first place.
= We compete with other schools for first place.
13. mix A with B (2.6) 混合
To make bread, you should mix the flour and the sugar first.
14. trust sb with st 信賴；託付
I would not trust him with my money.
15. (A) provide sb with st (3.2) = provide st for sb 供應
(B) supply sb with st = supply st to sb
(C) offer sb st = offer st to sb
My parents provide me with everything I need.
16. identify with (3.2) 認同
I didn't enjoy the movie because I couldn't identify with any of the characters.
17. be covered with (3.4) 被覆蓋
The mountain is covered with snow in winter.]
18. be pleased with (3.10) = be satisfied with
The teacher is pleased with our work.
19. (A) be annoyed with sb 惱怒
(B) be annoyed about / at st
She was annoyed with me about not telling her earlier.
20. (A) compare A with / to B (4.6) 比較
(B) compare A to B 比喻
(1) When Taipei is compared with New York , Taipei is rather small.
(2) Life is sometimes compared to a dream.
21. deal with st / sb (4.11) 處理；應付
The question is how to deal with the increasing amount of traffic on the street.
22. be swamped with st (5.2) 窮於應付
I have been swamped with work for the past few days.
23. (A) interfere with (5.12) 妨礙
(B) interfere in 干涉
(1) I turned down the TV lest it should interfere with his studies.
(2) He couldn't bear his parents' interference in his affairs.
24. be obsessed with st (6.1) 惦記
For years she has been obsessed with the fear of growing old.
25. start with (6.1) = begin with 以開始
The concert started with Beethoven's Symphony No. 5.
26. (A) conflict with (6.3) 衝突
(B) be in conflict with
What should we do now that our opinion conflicts with theirs?
27. quarrel with sb over sb (6.3) 爭吵
Let's not quarrel with each other over trifles.
28. be lined with (6.7) 排列
The street is lined with shops.
29. be overcrowded with (6.8) 擠滿
Every summer the small town is overcrowded with tourists from all over the world.
30. line up with (6.9) 連接
Our company is planning to link up with other businesses in Japan .
31. with N = adv.
with ease = easily with calmness = calmly with difficulty = difficultly
with anger = angrily with joy = joyfully with fluency = fluently
with care = carefully with courage = courageously with sorrow = sorrowfully