Hope things are winding down for you well and that you can relax after studying and working so hard!
I hope that we can make it to graduation on the 18th. But, unfortunately, we have a big conflict with the time that we may not be able to resolve. So we have a small thing we would like to give to you and would like to bring it by your place, but we do not have an address for you (沒有你的地址). Would you mind getting it to us via email ASAP? If you are not at your place, we’ll just leave it outside your door. But we’d like to catch you before you leave town (if you are).
Thanks! We’ll be looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Blessings to you,
Chris & Darry
1. Hope things are winding down for you well.
電子郵件常見的問候語。其他的說法還包括：I hope this mail finds you well. (希望妳近來一切安好。)
wind down = to rest and relax after a lot of hard work (緊張工作一段時間之後放鬆)
I find it difficult to wind down after a day a work. (我發現工作一天之後很難放鬆。)
2. make it = 能否參加聚會。詳細說明請見：『“Trust Me, You Can Make it!” 這句英文毛病出在哪裡？』。
3. have a big conflict with the time = 有其他事情，挪不出空與別人見面。
其他的寫法還包括 ”I won’t be able to make it to your graduation because of prior obligations.” 詳細說明請見：『英文電子郵件範例解說 (7)』。
4. resolve = 解決問題。這裡是解決 “time conflict”。
5. bring it by your place = 把禮物帶去你家。很簡單的說法，版主以前還不會這樣寫，現在又多學會了一招。
6. we do not have an address for you = 我們沒有 (不知道) 你的地址。
譬如：Do you have a phone number for Joe Mangles?
(你知道 Joe Mangles 的電話號碼嗎？)
7. mind = 介意
老美通常只將 “mind” 用在這個地方。譬如，你詢問別人介不介意你抽菸，美語可以說成：
Do you mind my smoking here? (我在這裡抽著菸，你介意嗎？)
Do you mind if I smoke here? (我想在這裡抽菸，你介意嗎？)
版主寫過一篇討論 mind 的文章：『多年目睹之台北捷運怪英文 (4)』。
8. We’ll be looking forward to hearing from you soon.
這句話基本上等於 = We look forward to hearing from you soon.
We look forward to hear from you soon.