2012年1月21日 星期六

在美生存常用語

. 2012年1月21日 星期六

Potluck Party :一種聚餐方式,主人準備場地和食具,參加的人必須帶一道菜或準備飲料,最好事先問問主人的意思。

·Pull over!把車子開到旁邊。


·Drop me a line!寫封信給我。


·Give me a ring.=Call me!來個電話吧!


_______________________________

·For here or to go?堂食或外賣。


·cool;That's cool!等於台灣年輕人常用的囗語“酷!”,表示不賴嘛!用於人或事均可。


·What's up?=What's happening?=What's new?見面時隨囗問候的話“最近在忙什麼?有什麼新鮮事嗎?”一般的回答是“Nothing much!”或“Nothing new!”


·Cut it out!=Knock it out!=Stop it!少來這一套!同學之間開玩笑的話。


·Don't give me a hard time!別跟我過不去好不好!


·Get yourself together!振作點行不行!


·Do you have "the"time?現在幾點鐘?可別誤以為人家要約你出去。


·Hang in there.=Don't give up.=Keep trying.再撐一下。


·Give me a break !你饒了我吧!(開玩笑的話)


·Hang on.請稍候。


·Blow it.=Screw up.搞砸了。


·What a big hassle.真是個麻煩事。


·What a crummy day.多倒楣的一天。


·Go for it.加油


·You bet.=Of course.當然;看我的!


·Wishful thinking.一廂情願的想法。


·Don't be so fussy!別那麼挑剔好不好。


·It's a long story.唉!說來話長。


·How have you been?=How are you doing?你過得如何?近來可好?


·Take things for granted.自以為理所當然。


·Don't put on airs.別擺架子。


·Give me a lift!=Give me a ride!送我一程吧!


·Have a crush on someone.迷戀某人。


·What's the catch?有什麼內幕?


·Party animal.開Party狂的人(喜歡參加舞會的人)。


·Pain in the neck.=Pain in the ass.討厭的東西、人或事。


·Skeleton in the closet.家醜


·Don't get on my nerve!別把我惹毛了!


·Afat chance.=A poor chance.機會很小。


·I am racking my brains.我正在絞盡腦。


·She's a real drag.她真有點礙手礙腳。


·Spacingout.=daydreaming.做白日夢。


·I am so fed up.我受夠了!


·It doesn't go with your dress.跟你的衣服不配。


·What's the point?=What are you trying to say?你的重點是什麼?


·By all means.=Definitely.一定是。


·Let's get a bite.=Let's go eat.去吃點東西吧!

·I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. = My treat. 我請客

  ·Let's go dutch. 各付各的

  ·My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服

  ·diarrhea [dai r'i ] 拉肚子

  ·吃牛排時,waitor 會問“How would you like it ?” 就是問“要幾分熟?”的意思,可以選擇 rare,medium 或 well-done。

  ·I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!

  ·May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你不能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。)

  ·I am not myself today. 我今天什麼都不對勁!

   ·Let's get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!

  ·What's the rush! 急什麼!

  ·Such a fruitcake! 神經病!

  ·I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待會兒,我會來轉一下。

  ·I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 這個消息是千真萬確的(tip指消息)!

  ·easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。

  ·flunk out 被當掉。
   

      ·take french leave 不告而別。

  ·I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。

  ·You should give him a piece of your mind. 你應該向他表達你的不滿。

  ·hit the road = take off = get on one's way 離開。

  ·Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now.

  ·Keep a low profile (or low key). 採取低姿態。

  ·Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。

  ·klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白癡、笨蛋。

  ·know one's way around 識途老馬。

  ·lion's share 大部份。

  ·tailgate 尾隨(尤其跟車跟得太近)。

  ·take a back seat. 讓步。

  ·take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滾開。

  ·hit the hay =go to bed 睡覺。

  ·Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 載我一程好嗎?

  ·green hand 生手、沒有經驗的人。

  ·moonshine = mountain dew 指私釀的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡說八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine.

  ·chill out =calm down =relax(來自黑人英語)

  ·rip off =steal;I was ripped off. 我被偷了;rip off 也常被用為“剝奪”My right was ripped off. 權利被剝奪(來自黑人英語)。

      ·我們稱美國大兵為G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德國兵或德國佬為 Fritzor Kraut,稱英國佬為John Bull,日本人為Jap.或Nip,猶太人為Jew都是 很不禮貌的稱呼。

  ·mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around. 趕快工作,別瞎攪和。

  ·snob 勢利眼。

  ·sneak in,sneak out 偷偷溜進去,溜出來。sneakers 運動鞋。


  ·She is such a brown-noser. 她是個馬屁精。



 ·This is in way over my head. 對我而言這實在太難了。


 ·I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是個考試緊張大師,一考試胃就抽筋。

  ·Keep your study (work) on track. 請按進度讀書(工作)。

  ·Did you come up with any ideas? 有沒有想到什麼新的意見?

  ·Don't get uptight !Take it easy. 別緊張,慢慢來!

  ·Cheese ! It tastes like cardboard. Cheese吃起來味如嚼臘!

  ·Get one's feet wet. 與中文裏的“涉足”或“下海”,寓意相同,表示初嘗某事。I am going to try dancing for the very first time. Just to get my feet wet.

_______________________________

相關文章:

0 意見:

張貼留言