1. Q: What roof never keeps out the wet?
A: The roof of the mouth?
2. Q: Does any child like going to school?
A: Every child likes going to school. Most of them just hate staying there before going home.
3. Q: Why is a peacock the best story-teller?
A: Because it always has a beautiful tale.
4. Q: Why is a crazy person equal to two ordinary people?
A: Because he is a man beside himself.
beside oneself 真正的意思是:發狂,忘形
5. Q: What coat is always wet when it’s put on?
A: A coat of paint.
6. Q: Why did the band have a smash hit in the performance?
A: They had the audience glued to their seats.
smash hit 很成功的新劇,電影等
have someone glued to one’s seat 真正的意思是:使某人喜歡得不忍離座,直到看完(表演)為止
7. Q: Why is Sunday the strongest day in a week?
A: The rest of the days are weak days.
weak 音似week, weekdays指不包括星期日的那些天
8. Q: Why are giraffes the cheapest to feed?
A: They make a little food go a long way.
因為它們脖子長，一點點食物都要走很長的路才能嚥下去。 go a long way 維持很長一段時間
9. Q: Why are dogs afraid to sunbathe?
A: They don’t want to be hot-dogs.
10. Q: Why are mules helpless in dancing?
A: They have two left legs.
have two left legs（跳舞時）苯手苯腳
11. Q: Why is the pig always eating?
A: He’s making a hog of himself.
make a pig of oneself 像豬一樣吃得很多（貶義）
12. Q: What kind of shoes are made of banana skins?
13. Q: How do you like your school?
how do you like your school有兩種理解：你覺得你們學校怎麼樣？ /你希望你們學校是什麼樣子？
14. Q: Why are politicians no longer concerned with snowball fights?
A: The cold war is over.
cold war 冷戰
15. Q: Why are watches fragile?
A: Because their hours are numbered.
"Their hours are numbered"源於"One’s days are numbered"意思是"某人在世之日屈指可數，壽命不長了".
16. Q: What’s put on the table, cut, but never eaten?
A: A deck of cards.
cut the cards 洗牌
17. Q: Why don’t women get bald as soon as men?
A: Because women wear hair longer.
wear hair longer 有兩個意思：留著更長的頭髮/頭髮留得更長久
18. Q: How can you make the door last?
A: Make other things first.
make the door last 另一種理解：最後做門
19. Q: Why shouldn’t you lose your temper?
A: No one else wants it.
21. Q: What makes the Tower of Pisa lean?
A: It never eats.
22. Q: What book has the most stirring chapters?
A: A cook book.
23. Q: What’s the most difficult train to catch?
A: The 12:50 train, because it’s ten to one if you catch it.
ten to one 一點差十分；10比1
24. Q: What trees do fortune tellers like to look at?
fortune teller 算命先生
25. Q: How do people feel after taking a ferryboat?
A: They feel vexed, for the ferryboat made them cross.